Are you ready to kick start you career in marketing & communications? Are you a digital savvy self-starter with good project and stakeholder management skills? If in your head you’re saying ‘Yes-Yes-Yes’, this might be just the right opportunity for you!
The International Marketing & Communications team is searching for a student in his or her final year of study to complete a 6 to 8 month internship at Walraven Europe.
What will you do?
During your internship, you will be supporting various projects and take ownership over a number of activities including but not limited to
- Support with marketing automation implementation
- Organise and manage brainstorm sessions
- Organise marketing learning community
- Manage marketing content calendar
- Manage global social media channels
- Define and deliver campaign deliverables
- Work together with in-house and external agencies
- Support local countries with their translation and content related requests
- Support deployment of digital technologies (e.g. Virtual Reality)
Walraven is a fast growing organisation with a rapidly evolving marketing team. In the coming years we have big ambitions in terms digitalisations and becoming a more customer and market driven organisation. Thus, your assignment is to further build an efficient learning and best practice sharing through applying new technologies and facilitating the adaption of new marketing practices. Change management to get people/community buy-in is critical.
Who are we?
Walraven was founded in 1942 and since then has grown into an international family business with over 1,200 employees working with pride and passion to deliver the best customer experience globally. The head office is in the Netherlands (Mijdrecht) and the company has production and sales offices in 17 countries.
What makes Walraven unique is their social and entrepreneurial character. Walraven is true people driven organisation, and our employees are at the center of our operations. Walraven is constantly innovating and growing and that is what makes it an interesting opportunity for young professionals to enter.
An internship at Walraven means constant opportunities and lots of room for entrepreneurial approaches. It is an ambitious, financially healthy company, with nice colleagues who create an informal working atmosphere, so you will quickly feel at ease right after you start!
What do we offer?
You will be part of the International Marketing & Communications team with 6 direct colleagues including a Digital Marketer, 3 Graphical Designers, Internal communication & Brand manager, Marketing specialist and the IMC manager that you will report to. You will also be part of the greater European marketing community including international colleagues from abroad.
Why do your internship at Walraven?
- You gain work experience in an international and fast-growing organisation
- You are part of a pleasant family business
- You will receive a challenging internship with your own responsibilities
- You will receive an appropriate internship allowance
- You have the opportunity to expand your professional and personal network
- We provide you with both fun and guidance!
What do we need from you?
- You’re in the final year of a relevant HBO or University education (Business, Marketing or Communications)
- You’re available for a minimum of 6 months with a possible extension to 12 months
- You’re passionate about marketing & communications and can demonstrate real life or relevant university assignment experience in the field
- You’re a confident self-starter
- You have a desire to learn and develop
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365
- Good organisation and stakeholder management skills
- You have an excellent command of English (Dutch is advantage but not mandatory)
- You’re a problem solver with a good eye for detail
- You have working knowledge of some elementary digital marketing tools (e.g; website CMS, analytics, social media marketing)
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator) is a plus
Are you ready to become part of the Walraven family?
In case you have questions about the vacancy, please reach out to Erik Straathof ([email protected]).