Concrete screw anchors are becoming a popular choice for contractors in a bid to improve both speed and efficiency of M&E installations. They are one of the simplest anchors to install and offer versatility with a range of different head types.
Here are 6 reasons why you should be using concrete screws.
- Easy to install. Concrete screws are one of the easiest to install of all the anchor types. With a small, clean drill hole they can be simply screwed straight in. No hammering or added complexity you get with some anchor types. This provides reassurance to the contractor that the correct installation can be achieved easily, reducing the risk of anchor failure. Read our 5 top tips for installing concrete screws.
- Great for overhead installations. The simplicity of installation of concrete screws makes them the best option for overhead installations. For example, traditional alternatives like drop in anchors take longer to drill and set and are much more awkward to install overhead.
- Versatile anchoring product. Concrete screw bolts are available with a number of different head types which makes them one of the most versatile concrete anchors available. With hex heads and pan heads for securing channel and wall plates to threaded rod and stud hangers for hanging pipes and ventilation ducts, they are suitable for many types of installation.
TDR Mechanical Services
- Not just for concrete! Unlike many other anchor types, concrete screws can be used to safely install into substrates other than concrete. You should check the technical information / ETA for the screws you are using to be certain, but most can also be used in solid brick, hollow brick, silicate brick and stone.
- Flexibility around installation. The design of concrete screw anchors means that they can be placed close to each other or at a minimal distance from the edge of the substrate without affecting their performance. This offers more flexibility of installation.
- Fire rated concrete screws. Most ETA approved concrete screw bolts will have been given a fire rating which means that they are a great option for secure fixing of services in escape routes, as per the requirements of the 18th Edition. Some concrete screws may also have been tested and approved for use in seismic/dynamic conditions offering an even broader range of applications. Please check ETA documentation for confirmation of ratings and approvals.
So, when looking for a convenient, value for money anchor fixing, concrete screws are a great option for everyday use. With such a broad range of application and great installation features they are becoming the go-to anchor fixing for installers today.
How can Walraven help?
Walraven offers a range of high performance ETA approved concrete screw anchors. Alongside our high quality anchors we provide onsite support such as anchor pull tests as well as technical advice to help you with your anchor selection.
Click the link below to read our ‘Guide to Selecting & Installing Concrete Screws’ to find out more about concrete screws, ETAs, read a testimonial about Walraven’s anchors and request a sample.
View Walraven’s concrete screw product range